Kairos House for Men- Walker, Louisiana
Kairos Sober Living Houses, 13230 Galloway Garden Ln, Walker, LA 70785, United States
Certification: Not Certified
Sober House Description:
About Kairos House Sober Living
Kairos is an ancient Greek word that means “a decisive, crucial point or time.” Choosing sober living is a decisive, crucial point in the life of a man leaving behind the trials of a life in addiction.
Kairos Sober Living House is helping men make the most of their crucial decision to be substance-free and to find or renew their purpose in life. We do all this through the love and mercy of Christ Jesus, who, for each person, sets the course, provides the strength and fills us with His Purpose for living.
Kairos Sober Living Homes provide alcohol and drug free environments that provide positive peer support and group recovery, with a high expectations for improvement and success.
- Kairos Sober Living provides the chance to become self-supporting along with a safe, structured and substance free environment.
- Zero Tolerance for drugs and alcohol.
- They provide regular drug and alcohol testing to reduce chances of relapse during sober living.
- Random testing improves motivation and promotes personal accountability to help you stay sober.
- At Kairos Sober Living Homes residents are expected to pay their bills on time, pitch in to help clean common areas and maintain their personal space.
- These skills promote better health, less stress and higher self esteem.
Minimum requirements for admission
Committed to stay at least 6 months. You may stay longer than 6 months.
Complete abstinence from all mind & mood-altering substances. This includes illegal drugs, alcohol, prescription drugs or any other mind-altering substance. We DO NOT accept residents that are taking Suboxone or Subutex, We screen for those as well.
You must be willing to get a sponsor, who will help guide you through your recovery
Complete willingness to follow all rules and directions.
You must either have a job, be actively seeking employment, be attending an outpatient or enrolled in a trade school or college
We have a strict “no fraternization” policy for the first 30 days. This means no dating, hanging out or spending time with the opposite sex.
Willingness to attend mandatory meetings. There are two mandatory house meetings that you are required to attend weekly. Additionally, you must attend a minimum of two other meetings of your choice.
You are strongly encouraged to attend a church weekly.
Sober Living Home Operator Information:
Phone: (225) 955-5670